Critters Corner

a virtual experiment

My Photo
Name:
Location: MN, United States

I like Fly Fishing and all the places and people that it has introduced me to. I also like tying flies and am an active member of St. Paul Fly Tier's Club. I am married to a wonderful gal who loves to go on adventures with me and enjoys my inner childs enthusiasm for new experiences and lifes offerings.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ok, I apologize for the lack of follow through on my posts. So let me try again to be more frequent with this blogging experiment.

The results of the previous post were great. We had a blast, most of the details I will keep off the board here :) but I can tell you this. We did try stopping at the St. Croix Rod company, and even though the hours listed said it was supposed to be open, the place was closed with nobody in sight. So much for touring that place. We headed up and met our party ;) and then proceeded to strengthen our friendships with much conversations and shenanigans going deep into the night. Sunday, after a GI-Normous breakfast at a CHEAP price, we did a little ice fishing on an "un-named" lake and I caught my first lake trout. It wasn't big, ten or eleven inches, but it was another species to add to my life list of fish caught, putting me up to 30 species total. To add to that it was a GORGEOUS DRIVE to the U.P. There was at least 6" of show covering these full grown pines along the roads. It made for a very quiet and relaxing drive and my wife and I were almost giddy with actually seeing such a winter scene.

That was the only fishing I have done so far this winter. So I have been keeping myself busy with working at the local fly shop in Fridley, or tying flies, or going to my fly tiers club meetings (to which I was elected to the voting board for a three year term), or going to the local gun range and blasting targets. Speaking of my fly tying meetings, I put up a new website for our club, it has dates/times of our events and photo's from various occasions. We have been working on several things to prepare for the upcoming Great Waters Fly Fishing Expo! The Wisconsin Early Trout Season opens this weekend! But Saturday I have to work at the fly shop, then go to a club event, maybe if the weather is ok on Sunday, I might be able to get out.

I should start getting my stuff together though, as I take of for lake of the woods in the later part of the week to iIce fish up 'der fer a couple o'days.

TTFN!

-Critter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home