Critters Corner

a virtual experiment

My Photo
Name:
Location: MN, United States

I like Fly Fishing and all the places and people that it has introduced me to. I also like tying flies and am an active member of St. Paul Fly Tier's Club. I am married to a wonderful gal who loves to go on adventures with me and enjoys my inner childs enthusiasm for new experiences and lifes offerings.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Casting

Last night at the club meeting there were two gentlemen from the American Casting Association, one of them was Bob Nasby who competes nationally. They were there to crush some myths about fly casting, and I do mean Crush. He also showed us a couple of Steve Rajeafs rods that he uses-one of them was the one that made some world record cast over 300 feet. I learned a lot of stuff, its too bad we have 2" of snow, I am not sure how much I will remember. The American Casting Association has a website if you are interested in improving your cast. It is very competition based, but hey, if you are looking to increase your cast ten or twenty feet, then this might be for you. Both the speakers (Bob and Vic) were very entertaining and you could tell they were very good at what they do. I have seen Bob cast before at a local fishing expo in minneapolis and all I could do was smile. If you ever get the chance, you need to go and watch any of these guys cast! They will kill most if not all of your casting "rules" and you will be better for it.

-Critter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home