Critters Corner

a virtual experiment

My Photo
Name:
Location: MN, United States

I like Fly Fishing and all the places and people that it has introduced me to. I also like tying flies and am an active member of St. Paul Fly Tier's Club. I am married to a wonderful gal who loves to go on adventures with me and enjoys my inner childs enthusiasm for new experiences and lifes offerings.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Christmas

Christmas was good to me this year. I was able to have a nice quiet gift exchange with my wife on the eve of Christmas eve. She liked her presents very much, as did I. I got a new Ross Reel 1.5 for my 3wt rod that I got earlier this year on my birthday. She also got me an assortment of colored biots and misc. Feathers to tie flies with. I think she likes keeping me busy in my tying room ;). On the day of Christmas eve we spent at my parents house watching the 40 degree + weather turn the newly iced over lake into a slushy mess. This year's Christmas was especially nice due having my brother safely home and out of the military. Last year he was home too, but he was doing a count down of days until he left for Iraq. This year, not the same. Much more relaxed and fun, and we even had many gifts for his girlfriend who seems to be just a little sweetheart with just enough attitude to keep my brother in line :). The best gift of the night was a large gift certificate to Cabela's. can you say "Danger Will Robinson Danger!" Christmas Day My wife and I drove over to see her parents in South-Central Wisconsin. Where we ate Mae's house, shared gifts, ate some more at grandma's home, shared gifts, went to sleep, had breakfast at Jen's parents house and ROLLED out the door to head home. It was nice seeing Jen's relatives, they always seem so happy when they get together, regardless of the event/holiday. We also chatted some with Jen's younger sister who has recently become engaged and moved into a "fixer-upper" in SW Wisconsin. She seems pretty excited with home improvement project her and her fiance have taken on. WE wish them the Best!

TTFN,

-Critter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home