Critters Corner

a virtual experiment

My Photo
Name:
Location: MN, United States

I like Fly Fishing and all the places and people that it has introduced me to. I also like tying flies and am an active member of St. Paul Fly Tier's Club. I am married to a wonderful gal who loves to go on adventures with me and enjoys my inner childs enthusiasm for new experiences and lifes offerings.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Casting indoors

I got up at 5:30am (yea, I got to sleep in!) and was out the door by 6am to the casting dome. Arrived on time at a nice 4 degrees Fahrenheit. Only myself and one other club member showed up. So we set out some hoops and casted for a couple of hours. The rod I chose to bring this morning was a GL3 6wt because it has my favorite action. My buddy let me cast his rods, he brought two GLX in two different weights, a 4 and a 6. I liked them very much, I thought the GLX would be a stiffer action then the GL3 since it proclaims a high line speed, but it felt like a much softer/slower action. I am a fan of the slow rod feel, and they shot out line as easy, if not easier then my GL3. If I learned nothing else about this morning, the experience of now knowing the difference in those two products was worth the trip. Afterwards we hit the local coffee shop and surfed the net a little before heading home to unfreeze my wife's car doors so that she could go to the hair salon and have her 'girl' time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home