Critters Corner

a virtual experiment

My Photo
Name:
Location: MN, United States

I like Fly Fishing and all the places and people that it has introduced me to. I also like tying flies and am an active member of St. Paul Fly Tier's Club. I am married to a wonderful gal who loves to go on adventures with me and enjoys my inner childs enthusiasm for new experiences and lifes offerings.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Leaders

I have a bamboo rod that is currently being crafted for me. In some of the research that I have been doing to get that "authentic" feel, I stumbled across something that is more popular than I had thought, which is the "knotted leader". So for the past couple of weeks I have been reading this and that about the subject. Last night I made six leader (of three formulas) and I have three more styles to make in the traditional manner, then I can move on to a hybrid that I am eager to mess around with. Needless to say, I am getting pretty good at making blood knots ;) and I have learned a few things about leader construction in general and some interesting background on their designed applications.

The unfortunate outcome of this project is now I think I should try making a furled leader, just to understand those better. I'll wait till my current leader project is closer to completion before I dive in.

-Critter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home